Discover Our America, LLC is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. This policy applies to http://www.DiscoverOurAmerica.com, owned and operated by Discover Our America, LLC. This statement explains how we collect, use and secure your information.
Payment security & how we protect your personal information
DiscoverOurAmerica.com payment processing is fully compliant with the international Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard. DiscoverOurAmerica.com payment processing is regularly evaluated by the PCI organization to ensure that your account data such as credit card numbers and expirations dates are protected by strict security standards. More information related to the PCI Data Security Standard is available at https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/security_standards/.
Your personal information is safe, secure and available only to designated DiscoverOurAmerica.com staff, per PCI standards. We have the most advanced technical and physical safeguards in place to protect against theft, accidental or intentional loss, unauthorized access, use, modification or destruction of your personal data. DiscoverOurAmerica.com encrypts sensitive information using SSL technology. Additionally, DiscoverOurAmerica.com is hosted in a limited-access, firewall-protected, highly-secured server environment. Note, however, that no data transmission through the Internet can be guaranteed, 100% secure. While DiscoverOurAmerica.com meets and exceeds the PCI standards and is committed to protecting your information, you transmit data, including personal information, to us at your own risk.
Information we collect and how we use it
DiscoverOurAmerica.com requests and collects personal information from our customers and visitors at various site locations and instances, including, but not limited to:
- Purchases & accounts: When you complete a DiscoverOurAmerica.com purchase, we may collect your shipping and billing address, payment information, phone number and email address. You may receive order-related email communication from us to the email address provided at time of order placement. If you leave items in your shopping cart prior to completing a purchase, we may email you reminders about those items left in your shopping cart. If you choose to create an account on our Site, we will also collect a user name and password. We use this information to administer your account and process your order, returns or other customer service purposes. Note that it is your responsibility to protect your username and password information against unauthorized access. Be sure to log out of DiscoverOurAmerica.com after every session.
- Promotional/marketing email: We may ask for your consent to send you our promotional email containing information about DiscoverOurAmerica.com and products available for purchase on the Site. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any of our email messages or by contacting us.
- Contests/promotions: When you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, we may collect your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and other personal information you provide at the time of entry or participation. We may use this information to contact you about the contests or promotions and to inform you about new contests and promotions for which you may have interest.
- Surveys: We may ask for your feedback about customer service or overall Site experiences via a survey or another customer research method. We use this information to continually enhance our customers' experience and to improve our Site performance, promotions and product offerings.
- Direct contact: We also collect information when you contact us with a question, comment or complaint by email, phone or social media. We may collect your name, mailing or billing addresses, phone number, email address, order number, product purchases and any additional information we need to help us respond to your question or comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service, product and service offerings.
The types of personal information we may collect from you varies on your method of contact or interaction with us. The information we store about you may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Shipping address
- Payment details and billing information including billing address, credit card details and other information required to process your payment)
- Account user name and password
- DiscoverOurAmerica.com order history
- Shopping behavior and preferences
- Additional information provided through your interactions with us on social media
- Geographical information
- Other information may be provided to us from you through third parties
Like most online retail companies, DiscoverOurAmerica.com gathers information about every visitor to our Site and stores it. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data and others. We may combine this automatically-collected log information with other information we collect about you as described above. We do this to improve Site functionality, performance and marketing.
DiscoverOurAmerica.com is intended only for people who are 13 years of age and older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to DiscoverOurAmerica.com. We will promptly delete any personal information from a person under the age of 13 should we discover that we have collected such information from a person under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent.
Any information obtained by DiscoverOurAmerica.com will not be shared with or sold to any unaffiliated third parties. Some information will be shared with our payment processing partner and shipping carrier in order to process and deliver your orders. These third parties have no authority or right to use this information for any other purpose than to fulfill your DiscoverOurAmerica.com order.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, specific information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you have questions related to this, please contact us at PublicRelations@DiscoverOurAmerica.com.
Vendor's Name: Discover Our America, LLC (d.b.a. DiscoverOurAmerica.com)
Vendor's Address: 1000 Austin Court, Howell, MI 48843
When we may be required to share personal information
We reserve the right to disclose personal information to our service providers, the government, law enforcement agencies, or other third parties under certain circumstances where a formal request has been made (such as in responding to a court order, subpoena, or judicial proceeding) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, as DiscoverOurAmerica.com, in our sole and absolute discretion, deems necessary and appropriate.
Links to third-party websites
DiscoverOurAmerica.com contains links to third-party websites. We take no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website you visit prior to disclosing your personal information.
User-generated content disclosure
Any information or content you voluntarily disclose on DiscoverOurAmerica.com that can be read, collected and used by other Site visitors or social media viewers (including but not limited to Site blog comments and DiscoverOurAmerica.com social media page comments or posts) becomes publicly available. Your DiscoverOurAmerica.com account username, email or other information may also be displayed when you post comments on the Site or DiscoverOurAmerica.com social media accounts. We are not responsible for the personal information users select to disclose in these forums. To request removal of your content shared on our Site or social media accounts, contact us at PublicRelations@DiscoverOurAmerica.com. In some cases, we may be unable to remove your personal information; however, we will inform you if we are unable to do so and explain the reason.
Social media widgets and features
DiscoverOurAmerica.com may use third-party-hosted social media widgets such as a Facebook Like button. These widgets may collect your IP address or other personal information. Privacy policies related to that are regulated by these third-party widget companies.
Last updated March 22, 2016
Thank you for visiting DiscoverOurAmerica.com. We appreciate your support.
- DiscoverOurAmerica.com staff